Thursday, January 28, 2016

January Half Marathon Run - Cyberjaya Twincity Marathon 2016

Last Sunday, I completed my first half marathon for 2016 - Cyberjaya Twincity Marathon.  I finished 2:43:50, slower by 20s from my November run.  Still a strong finish, but can surely be better.  Next scheduled run is on March 6 for the Malaysia Women's Run at Selangor, KL.

1st half marathon of the year!
Resting on the sidewalk with my finisher tee and medal.

Took a short Airasia flight to KLIA2 airport, then the KLIA express train to Putrajaya station before getting a cab to Citadines D'Pulze hotel.  The hotel is conveniently located above the D'Pulze Mall and a short walk to the run's starting point.  I bought my supplies from the mall's grocery (banana, dried apricot, orange juice, chocolates, sports drink and water), had a reflexology massage and a carbo-loaded dinner before sleeping early.
Nearing KL's airport
Used KL Express Train for the first time.
Citadines Apart-hotel at D'Pulze Cyberjaya
Studio room for the night
Clockwise from top: Nice pool atop the hotel, room number, selfie before checking out, corridor.
My race bib and running essentials - watch, earphones, power gel and power snacks (dried apricots+chocolate not in picture), blue wrist band and Level flipbelt (for storing my room card, phone, energy food)


No comments:

Post a Comment