Friday, March 31, 2017

Miyao-Toki Factory Sale of Mikasa Dinnerware

Lots of design to choose from

Last month, I got a tip from a Penang expat FB group about a dinnerware factory sale. Apparently, the brand Mikasa houses their factory at Miyao-Toki (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd at Kulim, Kedah.  Since I was on the lookout for bowls, I took note of the weekend sale date and wazed ourselves to the address.

Sale items were actually those that didn't pass quality control (QC).   Tiny speck of black dots, very subtle paint smears, very small chips, minor deformities, etc caused plates/bowls/cups to be on the sale bin.  If not for the red marks around the defect area, it's quite difficult to see why it was tagged 'no good' (NG).  I buy dinnerware for everyday use, not to show it off only during special occasions, so these minor defects do not bother me at all.

I got a a pretty good haul of 5 big bowls (RM10 each) and 6 medium sized bowls (RM5 each).  Sarah chose one cup and saucer for her tea (party) set.  Ravi picked one big mug for himself.  Total cost was slightly over RM90, a fraction of the cost if I buy all those items in a mall!

When we reached home, I googled more about the Mikasa brand.  Their online site showed very expensive prices.  The RM5 bowl I picked up sells $39.99 each or RM177, while the RM10 bowl costs $59.99 or RM265!  Felt really proud of my bargain purchases =)

Next sale weekend is 19-22 May, 2017.  I've informed friends and colleagues about it and some are very interested to visit.  I've listed the factory address below.

Ravi picked one big coffee mug for himself
Fruit plates (RM6) and holiday plates (RM10)
Big serving plates (RM25) and clay pots (RM70)
She got busy choosing her tea party set
Lots of plate variety and prices (starts at RM4)
Big serving plates were also available
My RM10 bowl costs $59.99 or RM265!
While the RM5 bowl sells online for $39.99 or RM177!
This is the factory facade.


Miyao-Toki (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd
67, Loron Perusahaan 4, Kawasan Persusahaan Kulim, 0900 Kulim, Kedah, Malaysia

15 comments:

  1. Any idea when the next sale will be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave, next sale cycle is 25-28 August from 9am-5pm.

      Delete
    2. Wow, thanks a mill for the quick reply!

      Delete
  2. Next sale is on 8-11 Dec, 9am to 5pm, at the canteen of the said premises

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, do you know when the next sale will be? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, do you know when the next sale..tq

    ReplyDelete
  5. May I know the next sale in 2019?

    ReplyDelete
  6. When is the sale for the year of 2019?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can’t find my original source now, but somewhere I heard from a reliable source that it was 23-26 August 2019.

    ReplyDelete