Friday, January 08, 2016

A visit to the National Museum of the Philippines

My other sister, Michelle, arrived at Manila from Dubai on December 26th.  We left early to visit a museum and a playground before we fetched her at the airport.

It's been a long time since I visited the National Museum of the Philippines.  I made sure to visit with Sarah to expose her on her Filipino roots.  But nap time came calling and she crashed into my arms.  I believe the cooling environment inside the museum made it more conducive to sleep =)

The museum is a visual sight, with many galleries showcasing different themes.  There's three levels and lots to see.  I wanted to see more but my sleeping Sarah was too heavy to carry around.  Another reason to come back for more.

On normal days, visitors pay P150.  Entrance is free on Sundays.  The museum is open Tuesdays - Sundays, 10am - 5pm.

Facade of the National Museum against a nice, blue sky.
NM door handles :)
Juan Luna's Spolarium, the prized artwork of the museum.

Sofi and Rap imitating art =)
Museum visitors


 
Fernando Amorsolo's countryside tinikling
A BenCab piece

Fernando Amorsolo's pencil sketches




No comments:

Post a Comment