Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Third and last half marathon for 2015

Running vest, bib number and flipbelt.
I completed the Penang Bridge International Marathon 2015 half marathon within my target time of 2:45:00, finishing at 2:43:37 (unofficial time, care of Runkeeper)!

As with my second HM attempt, I didn't expect much.  This particular run started very early, gun time was at 3:15am.  Plan that weekend was to sleep early on Saturday afternoon to wake up by 12:30am Sunday, get ready and out of the house by 1am to secure a parking slot.  Alas, I slept only between 4 - 7:30pm and no matter what I did,  I couldn't go back to a deep sleep.

On the road at 1am, I saw how cars were bumper to bumper towards the designated parking areas, I didn't want to risk it so I decided to park in a nearby residential park, more than a kilometer away. The 30minute walk served as my warm up exercise :)

The Men's Half Marathon started at 3:00am.

It was tough to run while your body's begging for sleep.  Unlike my second HM when I ran almost entirely the whole stretch, this run had me walking so many times, I lost count.  When I finally saw the last 1km marker, I pushed hard and really ran towards the finish line.  It was an amazing feeling, a real high, to meet my target time!  A great finish to this year's half marathon runs.

Running on the first Penang Bridge somewhere along the 15km mark.  
Photo op at the finish line after recharging with food and drinks


Finisher medal and stats from Runkeeper


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I'll be updating this list as I add more HM in the years to come.

  • 2:43:37 - Penang (1st) Bridge International Marathon, November 22, 2015
  • 2:51:06 - Great Eastern Women's Run Singapore, November 1, 2015
  • 3:05:14 - Penang (2nd) Bridge Half Marathon, June 14, 2015





No comments:

Post a Comment