Monday, April 01, 2013

Book haul from the Big Bad Wolf


From March 22-31, the Big Bad Wolf came to Penang Times Square.  It's dubbed the biggest book sale of the country and this was the first time the Wolf passed by Penang.

We went last March 23 (Saturday) around 10am.

Boy was I not disappointed!  Prices start from RM3, with most books priced at RM6 and RM8.  The most expensive books I saw was just RM30 which were mostly big hardbound books - think medical, architecture and design books.
I bought 28 books all for RM132, a really great bargain!  Most are story books for Sarah with a few travel books for myself.  
Sarah slept while I was busy browsing and choosing books.  The not so good thing was that I carried her.  My.back.ached.a.lot.

**********************
I actually came back for more last Saturday (March 30).  We were supposed to go for Sarah's vaccine shot but I decided to go for more book deals.  I figured the vaccine can always be taken the following weekend but the bigbadwolf will be gone by then.
As usual, I got mostly Sarah's reading books with several ones for myself.  Total cost was RM124, still a sweet deal. 

**********************
It was mostly children's books as Sarah likes reading and I want her to continue that habit.  We can finish 4-5 stories each night.  She enjoys it a lot as mama makes a lot of sound effects plus voice changes to make the story really interesting.
Having more mean more books on rotation during our evening bedtime reading.  I do hope the bigbadwolf returns next year!

loot #1
loot #2



loot #3
loot #4



No comments:

Post a Comment