Monday, April 27, 2015

Kuya John at Penang

Kuya John, a cousin on my father's side, came to Penang on the same week that Chris did (see previous post).   He teaches religion at La Salle Greenhills back in Manila and their faculty staff  had a visit to Penang's St. Xavier's Institution.  
I stayed with Kuya John's family during my last semester at Meralco Foundation.  Their house's proximity to my school was very close and it greatly helped cut down my transportation costs.  We took up his parents' offer and I am forever grateful for that. 

We met Kuya John and several of his friends for drinks at Via Pre.  Initially Ravi and I planned to bring them to a beach bar at Batu Ferringhi but their 10-course Chinese dinner lasted more than a couple of hours, something they didn't expect! (The record I experienced was 3 hours for an 11 course Chinese lunch during Chinese New Year!)

It was pretty late by the time they were available so a nightcap at an Italian bistro was the next best thing.  It turned out pretty well - good conversation with 4 empty white wine bottles, a pizza and a big hors d'oeurves platter.

Kuya John is on the left.  The other guy was the school principal, Rheal.
Nice meeting you all - Kuya John, Rheal, Ria, Rey and Roy!


No comments:

Post a Comment