Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Sarah's 3.5 year update

She's growing fast, I need to document these moments so I don't forget her jolly antics.
Sarah singing Frozen's Let It Go while strumming the guitar.  She's left handed, cool!
Playing with our lone hamster, Ping.  Side story: The other hamster, Pong, unfortunately died.  Pong escaped twice, jumping pretty high from where the cage was and most likely sustained internal injuries.  RIP Pong.
One of our Fridates, at Gurney Plaza.
 *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* 
Favorite days are Saturday and Sunday - when Mama has no office!
Playing houses, with stuffed toys she calls her kids.
So into dancing and singing. With gusto! Very loud. In and out of the house.
Helping bake goodies.  In charge of mixing with the manual whisk and tasting the batter. 
Scooter has been her thing for the past months.  Her bike's accumulating dust with little to no attention from the little girl.
She doesn't want to turn to 4 or 5 years old, wants to be 3 years old forever!
Calls her cousin Sofi, her sister :) 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Like millions of girls all over, my Sarah was also sooo into everything Frozen.  I've lost count how many times she has watched the movie, and played the characters with matching costumes to boot.  Nowadays, she's Princess Aurora, after the Maleficient movie.  A few instances when strangers ask her name, she would even say her name is Aurora!  The past couple of weeks has seen a (slight!) decline of the Princess Aurora thing, thank goodness.  But with how little girls are, that's only till there's a new princess to latch on to!
 *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
She doesn't like being taught Filipino words.  Conversations will run something like this:
Me:  "Sarah, eyes in Filipino is mata. Eyes, mata."
Sarah:  "No, I don't want mata.  I don't like to say mata."
Replace mata with other words like ilong (nose), buhok (hair), paa (feet), uwi (go home), tulog (sleep), kain (eat), ligo (take bath), etc and you get the same response from her.  But as long as she's repeating the Filipino words, even if she says she doesn't like it, it'll stay in her memory bank :)

 *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
When I have lunch meetings and I inform her I'll be seeing her only in the evenings, Sarah will say:
"Mama, don't be late. Don't do too much work ok?"  OR
"No, I want my mama.  I want mama to stay in my house forever and ever.  I love my mama very much."
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Talking about the simplest difference between planets and stars.​
R​avi: ​Stars have light on its own.  Planets do not have light, Earth does not give off light.
Sarah: Daddy, we have light in our home!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment