Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas 2011 bullets


Family bonding.
2 weeks of family equals a mixture of happiness and wistfulness. 
Spent a lot of time with my siblings (Abet, Jing, Rap) and niece Sophia. Swapped babies between Sarah and Sophia. Ate out a lot, satisfied my cravings for pinoy dishes such as kare-kare, lumpia, halo-halo, kakanin, fishballs, taho, balut, etc.   Did several shopping and grocery trips to Festival Mall and one to Mall of Asia. Watched local tv shows and movies at home.  Did massage rotations among ourselves!

My mom and Sarah took early morning walks in the neighborhood.  She would let Sarah crawl and walk onto the street pavement without shoes/slippers, climb into a tricycle and chase the neighborhood cats, dogs and chickens.  My mother got Sarah to walk holding only one of her hands.  Sarah would wobble as she finds her balance, it was amusing to watch!

Bicol. Sarah and I also visited my father in Sorsogon.  We brought him presents and grocery supplies.  We also dropped by my grandmother's grave for a quick visit, just to introduce Sarah. 

Cousins.  We skipped having a big reunion this year.  My family only visited my aunt and her family.  My mother hosted a few belly aching fun games - Meron o wala, Nativity story, Pahabaan and Pinoy Henyo!  'Twas great to laugh out loud till our tummy and cheeks hurt, with matching tears of happiness & craziness! 

Friends.
Juliet. Picked her up and fiancee Alan and went to Little Angels Home at Tagaytay.  We distributed food and groceries to the orphanage. Had lunch at Pancake House Tagaytay Ridge and fishballs on the side street.  Made most of the chika during the road trip.

Grace. Had lunch with her together with our college classmates at Cabalen Festival Mall.  Didn't have the time to visit their home to see my inaanak Chloe.

Donna. Went together to the ex-Intel Q&R Christmas party at Manong's Alabang.  She came to our house for lunch and chikahan before we left for Penang.

Attended the ex-Intel Q&R Christmas party at Manong’s Alabang with Sarah.  Had a good time meeting up my former co-workers.  Host Clet Dizon is crazy as usual!
There were a few more friends I would have wanted to meet up with but the schedule was just too tight.  I'm sure they would have understood.

New haircut.   I initially wanted to grow my hair longer this year but Sarah kept pulling out my ponytail everytime I carry her.  It made me look like a crazy mom!  So off to the salon I went to have it chopped off.  I'm now currently sporting the shortest bob I ever had. Truth to tell, it doesn't suit me very well but I would not have known it if I didn't try right?

No comments:

Post a Comment