Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Flat tire on a Monday morning


Coming out of the parking lot, I felt the car was moving kinda funny.  I parked on the side and checked the tires.  My dreaded suspicion was confirmed, I got a flat tire!  Left rear to be exact.

We got the Toyota Estima last February but never got around to finding where the spare tire was.  So a couple weeks ago, Ravi looked for it.  To our disappointment, there was no spare tire!   We knew we have to get back with the Naza car shop at Autocity Penang and claim the spare tire, most likely on a weekend when we have to go to Nibong Tebal.  (Autocity will be on the way to Nibong Tebal).

Then this flat tire happened. On a Monday morning. When Ravi is in Vietnam until Friday. 

Panic mode galore for me!  I.have.never.changed.a.tire.

Called Ravi up and asked what to do.  He told me to go to a tire shop near the house and get the guys there to replace the tire.  So I walked back to the house, waited for an hour as the shop opens only around 10am, and got a cab to the tire shop.

Ravi and the shop guy talked for a while (over international call!) and agreed on what tire to put in.   The shop fellas did everything for me, thank goodness.  They found a nail pierced way deep into the tire, about 1/4 inch thick nail.

All in all, it cost us RM350 to replace the tire.  What a way to start the week!
  :S

No comments:

Post a Comment