Monday, July 04, 2011

Lost my phone...

I lost my iphone last night.  It fell off my (new) shorts pocket while in a cab going home.  (Apparently the new shorts pocket is not deep enough to hold my knick knacks.)   When we reached the apartment not even 5 minutes later after leaving the cab, I felt for the phone in my pocket and it was not there!  We double checked the baby bag and the rooms looking for the phone but it was not in the house. I ran to the landline to ring my phone but it was already turned off.  Several more calls yielded the same message saying the phone cannot be reached.  I know for sure the phone is switched on and on loud ringer as well since I talked to Ravi 10 minutes earlier before we boarded the cab.

I went downstairs to the apartment security post to check if they had noted the cab's plate number. Unfortunately though they didn't notice.  There are video cameras throughout the apartment area but first I have to get approval from the management office tomorrow to get the clips at the entry/exit points where we can hopefully freeze the screen when the cab's plates is shown.  From there, we can go back to the taxi terminal and ask the cab driver if he found anything.

The thing is, as Ravi has pointed out,  the fact that the guy turned off the phone already meant he has no intention of returning it back.  Otherwise, he would have kept it turned on and waited for any calls from the owner.  And my husband is most likely right.  The prospect of getting back the phone is really dim.

I called up the service provider (Maxis) and got the line suspended.  Ravi and I still have to report to the nearest Maxis office to get another sim card as the line is still in contract for another 10 months.

I have to credit my husband Ravi for not scolding me for losing the phone.  When things like this happens, his typical reaction is  'These are just things, that can be replaced.  The good thing is that no physical harm came upon you."  

Of course, the thought that I should have been more careful with my things still comes to mind.  But what to do?  It would never change the fact that it was lost, most likely never to be returned.  I just have to move on and learn the lesson from the incident.  A very expensive lesson at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment