Friday, September 04, 2015

Driver's license renewal in a flash!

Got my license renewed!
On my birthday last July, I dutifully went to Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan or the Road Transport Department to renew my driver's license.  I'm documenting the procedure below.

1.  Get a queue number, inform them it's for license renewal.
2.  Present your documents at the counter - license renewal form, old and current passport copies, driver's license.
3.  Pay up the renewal fee, cost is RM30 per year.  One can choose to renew in 1/2/5 years.
4.  Get the payment slip and proceed to the photobooth room.  They will take your photo on the spot.
5.  Wait a while for the printed card and say hello to your shiny, new driver's license!

The whole process took about 20 minutes only!  This is amazing since back in the Philippines, renewing your driver's license takes a significant amount of time and your patience!  Social media reports say some have to wait weeks, even months (!),  before they can claim their license card.  And there's the unnecessary medical examination and drug test that is mandatory.   How I wish my fellow Filipinos can also be served efficiently by the Land Transportation Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment