Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sarah's birth story

Dear Sarah,

Mommy's last day at work was Jan. 14, 2011 (Friday).  Your expected due date was Jan. 19 (Wednesday).  I've been asking you months in advance if you can hold off coming out in this world until Mommy's support group arrives.  Mom's kinda afraid you know.


Jan. 15 (Saturday), my support group (Lola Merly, Lola Tiya, Tita Abet and Tito Rap) finally arrived, yey!

Jan. 16 (Sunday), I drove your lolas to the wet market.  I felt fine the whole day.  Most of the day was spent talking and laughing.

Jan. 17 (Monday).  About 3am, I woke up with tummy pains.  I wasn't too sure if it's labor time as my water has not broken, but the tummy contractions were slowly building pace.  Mom googled labors signs just to double check :)  



When I was finally convinced, I took my bath at 5am, got ready, double checked the hospital bag, then woke up your dad and your lolas.  Daddy drove me and your lola Merly to Island hospital at Georgetown, Penang.  Daddy was teasing me to get you out soon so his emergency leave would not be wasted :)

By 8:30am, the nurse/midwife burst my water bag.  The (painful) wait has begun!  It was relatively tolerable for the first hour, then the contractions and its twin pain eventually increased.  I was pretty quiet throughout the birth labor, trying very hard to imagine the sunny beaches of Bohol and Palawan to get my mind off the pain.  No screaming mama this one, just very controlled breathing and holding on tightly onto the bed rails.  Took several exhausting attempts to push you out, and then finally, you came out at 12:54pm!



You're my angel sweet Sarah, mommy loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment